How to Measure Boots On the product page under Details & Care, you'll find all the measurements we take of each boot. We provide boot shaft height, calf circumference, ankle circumference, and heel height as taken from size 8.5 boots. Measurements vary slightly for smaller and larger sizes.
1. Shaft height Measured from the bottom of the foot to the top of the boot.
2. Calf circumference Measured around the fullest part of the boot.
3. Ankle circumference Measured around the narrowest part of the boot.
4. Heel height Measured up the center side to where it meets the boot sole.
Measuring Boot Shaft Height We measure the boot shaft height from the bottom of the foot to the top of the boot. Use a flexible measuring tape to measure the length of your leg from the bottom of your heel to just below your kneecap, then compare your measurements with the boot measurements to see how the boot will fit.
1. Ankle Boot shaft height is 3" to 8 3/4". Ankle Boots
2. Mid-Calf Boot shaft height is 9" to 13 1/2". Mid-Calf Boots
3. Knee-High Boot shaft height is 13 3/4" to 17 3/4". Knee-High Boots
4. Over-the-Knee Boot shaft height is 18" or higher. Over-the-Knee Boots
Finding the Right Calf Fit Wrap a cloth tape measure around the fullest part of your calf to determine your calf circumference, then follow the links below to find your best fit.
Wide Calf (16" or more) Boots with functional laces, buckles, or stretchy uppers are excellent choices for wider calves. Many boots have elastic goring that stretches to provide additional calf circumference. Wide-Calf Boots
Narrow Calf (less than 13 3/4") Some boots are cut for women with slimmer legs. Others feature adjustable or stretch fabrications that conform better to a slender leg. Narrow-Calf Boots
Styling Tip: Whether your calves are wide or narrow, short boots worn with matching opaque tights are a great alternative to knee-high styles.
Measuring Heel Height We measure heel height up the center side of the heel to the point where it meets the sole of the shoe. Measurements are rounded down to the nearest quarter inch.
Heel Heights: Flat 0"-3/4" Low heel 1"-1 3/4" Medium heel 2"-2 3/4" High heel 3"-4" Ultrahigh heel 4 1/4" or taller